SAN DIEGUITO UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
Frequently Asked Questions
About Bus Passes! Applications
1. ARE THERE SPACE LIMITATIONS ON THE BUSES?
Yes. Please select a first choice and second choice bus route when completing your
application. Every effort will be made to accommodate the applicant's first choice. In
the event the applicant's first choice is sold out, they will be placed on a first come/first
served waiting list. Students may be offered an alternative bus route.
2. CAN I PURCHASE SEMESTER ONLY PASSES?
3. CAN I PURCHASE AM ONLY OR PM ONLY PASSES?
Yes. We are pleased to now offer this option.
4. CAN I PURCHASE DAILY TICKETS?
No. Please keep this in mind if considering the AM or PM Only option.
5. ARE FREE BUS PASSES AVAILABLE?
Yes, to qualifying households. To determine if you are eligible for a free bus pass, please complete the Income Disclosure Form, provide copies of approved income verification documents, and attach them to the completed Bus Pass Application and Code of Conduct. Submit your packet in person or by mail.
6. IF I HAVE TWO OR MORE STUDENTS IN THE DISTRICT RIDING THE BUS, IS THERE A DISCOUNT?
Yes. Families with two or more students from the same household qualify to purchase the second or third pass at a discount of20%.
7. WHAT IS THE REFUND POLICY?
Once you have begun riding the bus, there are no refunds available.
8. IS THERE A DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS?
Once passes go on sale for the upcoming school year, applications are accepted through out the year, based on availability. However, we encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible in order to secure a seat on the bus of your choice.
9. CAN MY STUDENT RIDE ANOTHER BUS OR BRING A FRIEND HOME?
No. Students may only ride on their assigned buses.
10. CAN MY STUDENT USE A DIFFERENT BUS STOP ON THE ROUTE?
Yes. Students may enter or exit their assigned bus on any of the route's normal stops.
11. WILL MY STUDENT BE ISSUED A CARD OR STICKER?
No. The student's name is placed on the pass roster for their assigned route.
12. HOW WILL I KNOW MY STUDENT HAS BEEN APPROVED FOR TRANSPORTATION?
You will be notified of your student's route assignment once the completed application has been approved and processed. Please be sure to include the proper contact information on your application so that we may notify you in a timely manner.
13. MY SPECIAL NEEDS STUDENT RIDES THE HOME TO SCHOOL BUS, HOW DO I PROCEED?
All students riding the bus must have completed the application and code of conduct. Your eligibility andpriority levels as a special needs student do not change.
14. WHERE DO I PURCHASE A BUS PASS?
Bus pass applications can be completed and paid on-line www.sduhsd.net (Except If applying for free transportation under the district's guidelines)
Completed applications (including the Code of Conduct, payment or Income Disclosure forms) may be mailed or dropped offat the Transportation office:
Mail ONLY: SDUHSD Bus Pass Application
1142 Bonita Drive
Encinitas, CA 92024
Hand Delivered: Transportation Dept. Trailer at La Costa Canyon HS 1 Maverick Way (NE corner) Carlsbad, CA 92009
Applications are date/time stamped and processed in the order they are received.
16. WHERE CAN I GET ADDITIONAL INFORMATION?
Call: 760-753-8298 ext. 6063